ThermoCow is always keen to publish funny content, even funny content written by you. If you have spent some time looking around our site and have a pitch or unpublished draft for a comedy piece that you think would suit us, read on.
You can get a good picture of our preferred forms and content from the categories on the site. We accept written pieces and images with a substantial written component (such as infographics), and are open to new ideas.
- quirky, observational humour
- victimless humour
- humour with deserving victims
- intelligent or pseudo-intelligent humour.
We try to avoid:
- topical pieces (e.g. comedy about a news item that everyone will stop caring about in a week)
- jokes that an Australian audience won't get
- mean or hateful pieces
- humorous listicles,
unless they are very, very funny.
As a growing site, we can't pay you for your submission. What we can offer you is a modest but faithful audience, thoughtful and personal editorial feedback, and a genuine shot at going viral.
If you are interested, please submit pitches, drafts or questions to email@example.com.